Why Professional Movers are Worth Every Penny
Moving is consistently ranked as one of the most stressful life events — even higher than divorce. If you’re moving because of a break-up, you’re hit doubly hard. Studies have shown that if you have many life-changing events in two years, you are more likely to be physically ill and have mental health problems. Everything about moving is stressful, especially if you’re moving to a place you’ve never lived before. From finding a new home, packing, sorting through items to donate to coordinating the entire move, you’re very likely to need a vacation on the beach afterwards.
RL Relocation in Orange County was founded to take on the bulk of the moving process for you, so you can keep your sanity throughout the move and focus on more important things, such as preparing your pets for the move and making sure your toddler’s favorite blanket is not packed by the movers. We are a full-service moving company, which means we do it all from beginning to end. We offer residential moving services, packing and organizing, long-distance moving services, specialty moving services, and commercial and office moving services. If you’re in the market for a professional moving company in Orange County, call us today for your free quote!
Residential moving is for when you are moving within 50 miles of where you currently live. This is often for those who are selling their home in favor of a different home in the same general area. RL Relocation was founded by the guiding principle of putting the customer’s needs first in every aspect of a moving experience. From our free initial quote meeting where we evaluate your residential moving needs, RL Relocation in Orange County strives for customer convenience and to exceed your expectations. Included in the moving quote are furniture breakdown and assembly, wardrobe boxes for use during the move, and wrapping with protective wrap of all breakables and delicate items. In addition, we provide floor, door, and railing protection. This helps to keep your home clean from dirt from all the coming and goings as well as protects your walls, floors, and stair rails from accidental nicks and dings during the moving process.
RL Relocation in Orange County treats your furniture and household items like they are our own. We wrap most furniture before it leaves the house, so it is well protected and does not get scuffed or bumped on the way out or in. Our packing boxes for moving are top-notch, designed for easy assemblage and disassemblage, as well as being strong and sturdy. We take loading and unloading of your home methodically, doing a walk through of your home ahead of time to strategize where to best pack items with the least likelihood of shifting during transportation. RL Relocation values you above all else.
PACKING AND ORGANIZING TIPS
Perhaps the most difficult part of moving is the packing up process. Packing an entire house can be overwhelming. It’s important to plan your move in order to ease stress and ensure that things go smoothly. Here are some tips to plan and organize your move:
- Get organized and have a plan. Decide what you want to pack first. If you know you’re moving and you have some weeks notice, it’s easiest to pack the items you don’t use very much, such as seasonal clothing, books, and extra blankets and pillows.
- Sell, sell, sell! Moving is a great opportunity to go through your belongings and get rid of the items that have been sitting around for a while that you will probably never use again. Go through your clothes, and donate some to Goodwill. Hold a yard sale, and get rid of unused garage items such as old wagons and bikes. List more expensive items on Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace for sale. This can include any appliances that you won’t need or will be replacing, old strollers, or old dog crates. Studies show many positive effects in our lives from de-cluttering, but one is you’ll get a boost in your mood, which will help ease any stress you may be feeling from the moving process.
- Use lists and labels. You’ll want to gather together all the moving supplies you’ll need to pack up your house: packing boxes for moving, packing tape, bubble wrap, and a permanent marker. Losing any one of these items or scrounging around for one can put added stress on your plate. Make sure you label everything, and be detailed, especially if it’s an item you know you’ll going to need as soon as you get to your new home.
- Photograph your home and items. Before we pack up your home, RL Relocation recommends photographing your home. This will give you a visual guideline for when you arrive at your new place, unpack your furniture and belongings, and wonder where does all this go. Furthermore, if by chance something is damaged in the moving process, you’ll have visual proof of the before condition of the item to eliminate any question.
- Pack a moving day bag. Set aside the items you’ll need on the moving day itself: the clothes you want to wear, toiletries you’ll need, cell phone charger, computer, book, etc. You may also want to have handy extra light bulbs and trash bags as well.
- Be ready for your movers. Packing up your home will most likely take a whole day. Be prepared by the arrival time the moving company tells you and have anything else prepared you may have discussed ahead of time. If it’s a hot day, having cold drinks for the movers would be appreciated!
WHITE GLOVE MOVING SERVICES
As a full-service moving company, RL Relocation offers a White Glove moving service in Orange County. White Glove services in general involve seeing the process (and your items) through from beginning to end to ensure everything arrives safely. Our White Glove service includes full home (or partial home) packing services, providing all of the packing boxes for moving, specialty packing for all your valuables, from artwork to china, and unpacking. Once we arrive and unload all of your goods, we’ll help you unpack and put everything where you want it. We’ll haul away all of the boxes as well and either reuse them or recycle them. If upon unpacking you discover there are items you don’t want anymore, we’ll be happy to haul those off for you as well, either for donation or recycle as well. We want to make sure you’re settled, so if you need any other help, just let us know.
MOVING STORAGE SERVICES
If you need to move household items into a storage unit or a loading pod, RL Relocation offers professional loading services. We provide brown bag wrappings for your storage items; however, we do not include any moving blankets or tie downs for your loads. For our loading service, you are hiring professional loaders who will load your items and maximize your space for you. With years of experience and training, RL Relocation in Orange County is experts in knowing how to pack safely and effectively to maximize space and prevent breakages from uneven loading. If you’re not using us for your moving company, we can still pack your belongings for you under our packing and loading services options.
RL Relocation is your go-to for all your residential professional moving needs. Whether you prefer us to do it all for you (packing and moving), utilizing our White Glove moving service, or you prefer to do some of it and just want us to do portions, we are happy to help. We started this company to serve you and alleviate some of your stress during a house move. Contact us today for a custom quote on the professional moving services you desire!
LONG DISTANCE MOVES
Long distance moves are perhaps the most difficult moves. You have to coordinate the loading and packing at your house and the unloading and packing at your new house, preferably when you’re there. And sometimes your items arrive at different times, on different trucks, with different drivers, and sometimes your stuff doesn’t arrive at all.
As an interstate moving company, RL Relocation understands the stress of moving to another location — sometimes a location you’ve never been to. Packing up and leaving your family, friends, community, and the known for the unknown is emotionally and physically draining. We aim to relieve a small portion of your anxiety by ensuring your personal belongings arrive on time, all at once, and safely, so you can begin to make a home again as soon as possible. We strive to have the same driver who loaded your belongings be the same driver who delivers your belongings, so you immediately have a rapport with that person, easing the stress of unloading as well. The same stellar service you had during the packing and loading part of your move will be the same in the unloading part of your move. We’ll help reassemble your furniture and add floor, door, and railing protection to prevent dirt and mud from being tracked in as well as prevent nicks and dings to walls, floors, doorways, and stair rails. As always, we’ll haul away all of the wrappings and trash for you as well and won’t leave until we’re sure you are 100 percent satisfied. If you’re in need of an interstate moving company, call RL Relocation in Orange County today for a free estimate!
TIPS FOR INTERSTATE MOVES
- Plan ahead. We’ve said it before, and we’ll say it again. Planning for an interstate move takes much more planning than a local move. If you know you’re moving way in advance, begin contacting local cross country movers, especially if you’re planning a move in the busy summer season, for estimates and possible bookings. Also, cross country movers know the ins and outs of moving across state lines, so pick their brains on advice and tips you may have forgotten as well.
- Research long distance moving companies. Not all packing and moving companies are created equal. Do your due diligence on moving companies. Read reviews online on sites like Yelp, Angie’s List, and Top Rated Local®. Visit the full service movers social media sites, such as Facebook and Instagram. Sometimes they will post specials there as well. Call the interstate moving companies you are interested in. See how they answer the phone and how they answer your questions. Are they personable? Do they genuinely seem to care about your move? You can get a good feel for a moving company by speaking to a live person. You can also email moving companies and see who responds. Did the cross country mover respond timely? Did they answer your questions thoroughly or did the email seem rushed? Again, you can get a good feel for customer service based on these “feeler” interactions.
- Picture your current furniture in your new home. RL Relocation in Orange County sees this mistake often. Customers move all of their belongings in a cross country move, only to arrive and realize their furniture either won’t fit in their new home or they don’t like the look of their furniture and personal items in the new home. They end up selling this furniture after they arrive at a discounted price, after having paid to move it cross-country. This can add up to hundreds of dollars in wasted moving costs if the person had just thought about their new home and how their belongings would fit. We suggest you get rid of items you think you won’t want and/or need before you pay an interstate moving company extra money to move it, especially if you’re moving to a smaller home.
- Move in the off-season. Movers often charge more in the busy summer months. If at all possible, move between September and April for the best prices and most likely the movers will be free on the days you need them.
- Moves are tax deductible if you are moving for work. Be sure to get receipts if you can deduct your move.
- Moving insurance is available. Your insurance company sells moving insurance. All movers are required to carry insurance to cover items that are broken during the move, but the amount that is covered is based on the estimated value of your belongings, which can vary significantly. Some long distance moving companies sell full valuation protection, which will cover the full value of your broken item, for an additional fee.
- Pack “open first boxes.” Similar to our tip above of packing a moving day bag with essential items you’ll need the day of the move, pack a boxes labeled “open first” of essential household items you’ll need as soon as you move in. These items include silverware, cups and glasses, plates, a few pots and pans, and towels. This will eliminate huge frustrations when you begin unpacking and keep opening wrong boxes.
- Pack items especially carefully. Remember, you’ll be moving far away, which increases the chances of items getting damaged as your moving truck traverses the highways of this great nation that we all know sometimes are in need of repair and maintenance. Make use of extra bubble wrap if need be. Also, as you’re packing organize your boxes as you go and label everything. The more information, the less headaches you’ll have when unpacking.
- Tip your long distance drivers, especially if they go above and beyond. Long distance moves are hard all around, even on your loaders and drivers. They often work long hours during the busy moving season to meet deadlines and have the customer’s belongings where they need to be on time. If they do great work, leave them a tip. You can ask your interstate moving company what is customary for guidance.
- Arrange for transport of your pet. If you will be driving your own car to your moving location, odds are, Fido the dog and Lucky the cat will be in your personal vehicle. Most packing and moving companies do not offer transportation services for your pets. If you will not be driving, then arrange alternate means to transport your pet, either by airplane or by a pet relocation service, which specializes in transporting your furry family member for you by plane, rail, or on the road.
- Relax! Moving is stressful. However, you can do yourself and your family a favor by doing things during these moving weeks to stay relaxed and calm. Get a massage. Grab a coffee with a friend. Exercise or do some yoga. Let the little things go. Also, realize that there will probably be hiccups along the way as unforeseen issues crop up. Accept them and don’t get frustrated.
RL Relocation in Orange County is your go-to long distance moving company. We started this moving company in order to focus more on the customer and give them added value that we believed was missing from other cross country moving companies. If you’re looking for a reputable, top notch interstate moving company in Orange County, contact us today!
RL Relocation in Orange County offers specialty moves. Specialty moves is just what it sounds like: moving items that require special or extra attention, which can be valuable items or items of odd sizes. These items include pianos, sculptures, paintings, pool tables, safes, china, grandfather clocks, antiques, or even some large screened TVs. Antique automobiles are also considered specialty moves if you want to haul them instead of drive them. Boats, jet skis, ATVs, and hot tubs are also specialty moves.
WHEN TO CRATE
A common way to move specialty items is through crating. Crating is usually built around the piece you are moving to offer a custom fit that will protect your item the best. Any item can be crated upon request, even furniture. For long distance moves, RL Relocation recommends crating valuables, such as chandeliers and artwork, to ensure they are not damaged in the move. For local moves, it is your choice to crate or not, depending on the distance traveled and value. If you plan to store valuable items for any length of time (for example, in a storage facility for a few months while you look for a home to purchase) then crating is recommended to protect your belongings from dust and debris as well.
If you need a specialty move, just let know which items when we come to give you a quote, so we can give you the best estimate for your move. Contact RL Relocation in Orange County today!
If you’ve ever tried to move a piano by yourself, you’ll know how hard it is. Pianos are awkward sizes and, being made of wood and other delicate components susceptible to easy breaking, pianos are notorious for being a pain, especially if you have to negotiate a stairwell or navigate tight turns. For piano moving, it’s best to let the professionals handle it and take the stress off your shoulders. Some pianos may require partial disassemblage to ensure safety during the move. When you hire professional piano movers, you’re hiring a team who has experience moving pianos and who has the proper equipment to ensure your piano arrives with no damage.
COMMERCIAL MOVER AND OFFICE MOVES
Just like in residential moves, our commercial moves and office moves offer up the same stellar services. We will come to your place of business, pack up, move, set up, and haul away all the debris. We are a 24/7 moving company, meaning we can work around your business schedule to minimize disruptions to your business. As business owners ourselves, we understand time is money. That’s why we prioritize business and office moves to make sure we can move when you need it. We are on schedule and make sure we have the staff in place to move quickly and efficiently. We take extra care with computers and make sure your office equipment stays secure.
Planning is especially important for office moves. We’ll visit your business and assess what exactly needs to be done, as well as your prospective business. We label everything, knowing where everything goes. We’ll rearrange as well so your office staff can pick up right where they left off seamlessly. We offer commercial storage as well in case you need to store items in the short-term. Just like in residential moves, we pack everything carefully, wrap most items, and utilize protective flooring material and protect doors and banisters.
WHY CHOOSE RL RELOCATION IN ORANGE COUNTY
RL Relocation is the best moving company in Orange County. We treat your move like it’s our own. Our mission is to relieve some of the stress of your move by taking care of the practicality of it all, from packing, disassembling and reassembling, RL Relocation takes care of every detail. We cover your home with plastic to protect the flooring, walls, and railings, and we thoroughly wrap your items when needed. We haul away any trash and packing material, as well as any items you decide you don’t need anymore to a local donation service. With years of experience and an unparalleled dedicated staff, RL Relocation cares for you. If you live in the Orange County area, contact us today for all of your residential moves, executive relocations, client relocations, long distance moves, specialty item moves, and office moves!